Tips to Control Premature Graying of Hair.
Graying of hair is normal with the increase of age. But white hair can occur at any time in life.
The human body comprises millions of hair follicles. The follicles produce hair and pigment cells that contain melanin. As your age increases hair follicles lose pigment cells, resulting in white hair.
Here are some causes of premature white hairs.
- Deficiencies of vitamins.
Deficiency of vitamin B-6, B-12, biotin, vitamin D, and vitamin E causes premature graying.
Genetics is largely connected to the premature graying of a person's hair. People with a family history of prematurely white hair are more likely to have it at an early age.
- Medical conditions
Medical conditions like autoimmune diseases, thyroid dysfunction, and alopecia areata, which causes melanin deficiency
· Oxidative stress
Stress causes imbalance when antioxidants are not enough to counteract the damaging effect of free radicals.
Some natural remedies to prevent premature greying of hairs.
· Coconut oil and curry leaves – helps in the re-growth of damaged hair and provides essential proteins to damaged hairs. Take few curry leaves and boil them with 1 cup of coconut oil. Boil it for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool the mixture and massage your scalp with it regularly.
· Amla juice – Consume 500 ml of fresh amla juice or massage your scalp with amla oil once a week.
· Ribbed gourd and olive oil – Cut gourd into small pieces and dry it. Then soak them in olive oil for three to four days. Boil the mixture till it turns dark black. Massage your scalp with the mixture at least twice a week.
· Onion and lemon juice – Mix lemon juice with onion juice and apply this to your scalp. Leave it for half an hour and then wash it off with mild shampoo.
· Black seed oil – Black seed or kalonji helps in preventing premature white hair and also helps in reducing hair fall. Warm-up a few drops of black seed oil and massage your scalp. Leave it for 7-8 hours and wash with shampoo.
As your age increases, the hair follicles start aging too. The aging of hair follicles leads to less production of hair pigment causing white hair. But nowadays gray hair occurs in teenagers also due to stress, medical condition, and deficiency of vitamins. Rather than using chemical dyes to color your hairs use these natural remedies and prevent premature greying of hairs.