top of page
WANNA DRESS UP FOR COLLEGE WITH A DASH OF DESI? HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO.
Summer is almost here and everything is bright and sunny. With colleges re-opening it's a great time to make a shift and upgrade your dressing by adding new elements and trying new pieces. While simple denim jeans paired with a simple tee are what people mostly prefer, adding some ethnic pieces can give you an edge apart. Indo western outfits are always comfortable, they are college appropriate and make you look trendy too! This would not only add colors to your outfit but would also provide for an ethnic touch.
- If you’re into the sober dressing and don’t want to experiment so much at first, you can start with basic items that would add that desi mix. And that piece is “Punjabi Juttis”! Yes, you heard it right! Pairing these up with simple jeans and adding a tunic or top can make you look boho and cool. You can also wear these juttis with cotton dresses for a comfortable, casual look.
- Short Kurtis paired with denim shorts or skirts is the ultimate way to look boho and super stylish. Most girls from Delhi University and around are spotted in such Indo western looks.
- Another way to add the desi touch is by putting on a bindi and even a nose ring for a more boho look. You can also add dark kohl or eyeliner for an impactful look. If you want to go the extra mile you can add junk accessories like heavy jhumki and earrings or even opt for silver bangles!
- Wearing long Kurtis as dresses is also another common way of adding the desi touch to your outfit. It is college-appropriate and provides for a unique way of dressing.
- Pairing bright printed long skirts and palazzos with collared shirts and graphic tees is a blend of western and ethnic that will not only make you stand out but also make you get lots of compliments. Such a style suits all girls and is also super comfortable.
bottom of page