What Is Hallyu Wave and How It Breakthrough In India During Pandemic!
The pandemic is still not over yet. The Covid-19 is still around and making its comeback. But there is another wave apart from the Covid-19 wave and that is the Hallyu wave which is spreading much faster.
Although we hate the lockdown period, we love the Hallyu wave. Hallyu wave is the spreading of Korean culture globally. What is astonishing that once you get to experience the Korean culture through any medium, you are not going to come out! Because it is so interesting and appealing that catches your eye.
- What exactly happened during the pandemic that Hallyu took over India. When asked by Korean culture enthusiasts or fans what made them get into Korean culture, the answer is always k-dramas and K-pop. K-dramas are Korean series and K-pop is a part of Korean music. What makes them unique over Indian serials and Indian music?
- Well, when we talk about K-pop, What is so special about It? Handsome and beautiful faces with loads of talent, they sing as well as dance at the same time, awesome music videos, catchy music, and choreographies. K-pop Bands like BTS, EX0, BLACKPINK, and TWICE are attracting a younger audience as well as everyone. When it comes to music, they have meaningful songs and a fan culture that is different from fan culture in India. K-pop fans feel closer to their artist which isn’t the case with other artists across the globe.
- K-pop has introduced people to Korean culture which includes Beauty, food, dress-up, they do everything which makes them feel close to Korean culture, said Seo Young-Doo the founder of Korikart.com, an India-based online marketplace for Korean products which saw rapid growth in demand over the years.
- Korean dramas are becoming popular probably because of their low number of episodes unlike we watch on Indian television which is no less than a saga. The thing about Korean dramas which makes them full of entertainment is their content is out-of-the-box stories and a variety of genres like horror, thriller, romance, melodrama, mystery, science fiction, crime fiction, medical thriller, and more. Generally, Korean dramas consist of 12 -24 episodes, contain a limited story, and each episode leaving the fans in suspense.
- Korean dramas viewers are increasing day by day. The spreading of the Korean wave has led to a great impact on the new generation changing their views towards Asian dramas. The X –factor of Korean dramas is that they are inspired by daily life and also giving a moral lesson to viewers without compromising their culture, showing the environment of Korean schools, offices, showing the way of gestures of individuals at different ages. The stories of Korean dramas not only revolve around the main cast but also around the other people who have different roles in their life. They will consume less time of yours and provide you with a bang –on entertainment, music that will touch your soul, and stories that brighten up your life! From Crash Landing on You to Fate to Love You, K-dramas deserve your attention.
- Apart from K-pop and K-dramas, K-beauty is becoming big. Women are stunned by the beautiful skin of Korean Women and are influenced by Korean skincare. Korean food and Soju are gaining the attention of food enthusiasts and makes them search for Korean food recipes.
So, when the world is hit by the Hallyu wave and they are enjoying it to the fullest. Why you should be the one to be left behind. Become a part of it. Start your journey to explore South Korean culture.
You Won't regret it.